Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lost

to whom?
from where?

how do i know, when i’ve never been found
how do i know, when i’ve never been bound

could i be lost to me if i never knew me?
could i be lost to you if you never knew me too?

lost is such a big scary place
the craters and caves in the place called lost are treacherous indeed
how can i be found in such a place?
my smoke signals are feeble at best
what do i do next?
i crawl, i walk, i cry, i talk
how can i be found?
i don’t know the language
i improvise but there’s no sound
is it not loud enough, not strong enough, who has the keys?
i can’t see found in the craters and caves of the place called lost
can you find me? PLEASE

2 comments:

smartz said...

Nice use of all lower case, interesting rhyming. Good writing.

Cindy Cornell said...

I read Lost three times and found different meanings in it each time if I read it with a different rhythm or cadence. You have a gift for this type of writing.