Thursday, July 9, 2009

OOO Girl! You got that GOOD hair!

Good as opposed to Bad?
Bad as in Black?
Black as in Ugly?
Ugly as in Me & You?
Me & You as in Africans?
Africans as in Slaves who survived the Middle Passage?
Slaves as in 3/5th of a Human Being?
Human Being as in White People?
White People as in Beautiful?
Beautiful as in porcelain white skin, thin lips, narrow noses, and Long, Silky Straight Hair?
Long, Silky Straight Hair as in Good?

OOO Girl! You got that GOOD hair!

Yes I do.
In fact, in case you hadn’t noticed, everything about me is Good.

Good as in Proud.
Proud as in Knowing who I am and who I came from.
Knowing as in embracing the Strength of my ancestors.
Strength as in surviving the denigration and destruction of my African Culture and Beauty.
Culture and Beauty as in lifting a newborn baby, with iridescent black skin and tightly coiled course hair, to the sky to be blessed by the heavens with Good Health, a Good Family, a Good Life.

Yes, I have Good Healthy Hair.
I have Good Black Skin.
I have Good Strong Bones.
I have a Good Full Heart.
I have a Good Blessed Life.

Hell, I’m just damn GOOD!


Saundra C.

No comments: